Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ch. 28

A/N: Our journey with Kris and Abby has come to an end!! Thank you all very much for reading and you comments!  It definitely puts a smile on my face to read your ideas and about how much you got into the story.  Please check in over at one of my other stories I'm posting, Hometown Heroes. Enjoy!!

I am a one way motorway
I'm the one that drives away
then follows you back home
I am a street light shining
I'm a wild light blinding bright
burning off alone

it's times like these you learn to live again
it's times like these you give and give again
it's times like these you learn to love again
it's times like these time and time again

I am a new day rising
I'm a brand new sky
to hang the stars upon tonight
I am a little divided
do I stay or run away
and leave it all behind?

also check out this song that plays a role in this chapter... Ray LaMontagne - Hold You in My Arms


Ch. 28

This was her test.  I pursued her from the very beginning; it was now her turn to come after me.  Her taking the step to get on the plane from Toronto to come here today was obviously a big step in the right direction, but I wanted her to make an even bigger gesture.  I knew as soon as I pulled her close to me on the dance floor that there would be no way I wouldn’t be able to forgive her.  She was definitely the missing piece of the puzzle these last few months and no matter how much there was a part of me that wanted to just tell her to go to hell, the other 3rd of me said I didn’t have that option.  I was never known to be a patient man, but they always say love makes you do and say things you’ve never imagined before.  Abby proved that 100%.  A sly smile slowly grew on my lips as I heard her voice call after me and it grew bigger when I heard her feet hitting the ground running up behind me.
“Kris!” she called out breathlessly.  “Kris, please wait.”
“Why should I wait?” I yelled back, not stopping and not daring to turn around.  I was still angry and she was not going to win this that easily.
“Because I’m sorry.  I fucked up, I know.  I’m here because I needed you to hear that…”
“You are very selfish, Abby Burke,” I complained as she finally caught up to me.
“So are you, Kris Versteeg,” she bit back.
This made me stop and look at her.  “Um, I’m pretty sure you are the one that is supposed to be groveling at the moment and not pointing out my faults,” I chirped incredulously.
“Last time I checked it took two to have a relationship,” she breathed, trying to catch her breath.  “If you want groveling, then me chasing after you is probably the most you are going to get.”
I couldn’t help but let out an ironic laugh before I plainly stated, “I hate you.”
“Well, I can’t totally blame you there,” she said, obviously resigned to the fact that she was in the wrong.  “I obviously had some things I needed to work out with myself before I could work things out with you.”
“Why did you push me away, Abby?  We could have worked things out together; instead you pushed me away and lied to me again.
“I thought it was better just to push you away, it’s obvious I’m a bad luck charm…”
“You were my good luck charm, Abby,” I said quietly, putting my face in front of hers so that she would stop looking shyly down at the ground.  “I’ve been fucking miserable, which I’m sure Mitch and Dawn have both told you that…”
She left out a quiet laugh as she nodded her head.  “I haven’t been much better, just ask Kristy.”
“Like I told you before, I’m not Tyler, I wasn’t just going to be okay with you walking away from me and forget about you until it’s convenient for me.”  I paused, “Damn it Abby, I needed you during the playoffs.  You should have been on the truck as we were paraded down
Broad Street
, I needed you there to keep me grounded and you weren’t there…”
“I didn’t miss a game,” she said quietly.
“You didn’t?” I looked at her surprised.
“Nope.  I would get mad when the camera would focus in on someone besides you.”
“Heh.”
“I was totally pathetic.”
“You still are.”
“You’re not any better, hot-shot,” she pushed playfully at me.
“So how did Mitch talk you into coming here?”
“He brought cookies,” she laughed as some tears sprung into her eyes.
“Damn, if I would have known that…”
I was going to finish off with something along the lines that I would have tried bribing her with cookies sooner but she cut my words off as she pushed herself against me and kissed me.  If I wanted her to make the first move, she definitely did this time.  I pulled her closer against me, wrapping an arm around her as I pressed her backwards, kissing her hard.  I lightly bit at her lip and soon my tongue gained entrance to her sweet mouth.  I felt instant heat when her hands came up and cupped my face.  The kiss deepened and I smiled when she left out a content sigh.  By the time we parted, she was lying in my arms like I had just dipped her backwards from dancing the tango with her.  We were both breathing hard, but her green eyes were sparkling just as I had remembered.
“I love you, Kris,” she whispered.
“I love you too, Abby,” I whispered back as I pulled her back upright and hugged her, breathing in the scent I had dreamed about for so long.
Sounds of Ray LaMontagne’s I Could Hold You in my Arms, began floating out from the tent where the wedding reception was still in full swing.  Without saying a word, we started swaying back and forth to the tune, and I couldn’t help but chuckle at our impulsiveness that ultimately felt as normal as breathing.  This is exactly what I missed, the laughter, the spontaneity, the feeling of having her in my arms…and then the air around us suddenly turned sour as soon as I heard Janell’s voice calling from across the grounds.


“Ah, hearing her has made me remember to ask, how the hell did you end up with that?!” I pulled back from his arms and raised an accusing eyebrow.
“I was out at the bar with the guys, got drunk and somehow asked her to be my date for the wedding.  Believe me when I say that I didn’t do a damn thing with her.  Besides, Freddy and Trevor would never allow that to happen, especially with how drunk I was that night,” he contended.
I couldn’t help but roll my eyes and laugh evilly as she walked up.  I began laughing harder as I watched her attempting to stumble through the uneven grass in those ridiculous shoes yet still trying to look stern with her hands on her hips and pursed lips.  “What the hell is going on?” she spit, placing herself in between Kris and I so that I could only see the back of her head.  Even this side of her is ugly.  “I’ve been waiting for you to come back and dance with me, like a real date, and I end up finding you out here with this girl,” she continued, motioning towards me but not daring to look me in the eyes.
“Um, this girl,” Kris piped up “is actually my girlfriend Abby.”
“Excuse me?!” she shrieked, making me start laughing hysterically once more.  I was thrown off guard when she turned around and slapped me hard across the face.  I heard Kris grunt out a surprised “Oh!” before I slapped back.  Next thing I knew, I was rolling around on the ground throwing punches as the bitch pulled my hair.


It was quite comical and it probably would have been even funnier if I didn’t know Abby could probably kill Janell.  Abby was brought up with boys and played hockey with boys; she was a tough chick who was throwing jabs and upper cuts like she had been trained to do.  I couldn’t really blame her considering the fact that Janell really had a hold of her hair.  I yelled over to the tent to get some attention so that I’d have help in breaking up the fight but everyone just stood around cheering and clapping.  Mitch finally came over and helped me separate the two.
“I’m thinking you should ask for a refund on those shoes because they were probably used at the local whore house before you bought them!” Abby squawked over at Janell.  I was holding Janell whose dress was now only being held up by one strap and was bleeding from the lip.  Mitch was holding a kicking, seething Abby who was holding her hand over her hair, probably making sure she wasn’t bald in some spots.  Her pretty pale yellow dress now had grass stains all over it and she looked fucking wild and beautiful.  That is my girl.  She is finally back to her normal self.
Everyone was still gathered around when Dawn, the woman of the day, pushed her way through the crowd.  “Janell,” she said in this stern voice that had been used more than once on me when we were dating.  “I think you’ve made enough of a spectacle of yourself here today.  Please leave.”
Still holding Janell, I turned her around so that she was facing the opposite direction and released her.  She huffed, sniffled and grabbed her shoes before stomping away towards the parking-lot.  I silently threw up a prayer that my excuse to not drive her here had worked; otherwise I would have had to drive her home.  When I turned back around I found Dawn standing between Abby and me, scowling.
“Are you two fixed now?”
Abby and I looked across at each other and just nodded, slightly ashamed at what had taken place on Dawn and Trevor’s special day.
“Well, then I expect you to get cleaned up,” she bossed to Abby and get your ass out onto the dance floor so you can catch the bouquet.  And you,” she turned to me.  “You better catch the fucking garter because I’m fairly sure you are not going to find a woman who has more spunk than her because obviously she could show you a few things when it comes to throwing punches.”  I watched in humor as she nodded her head, as if to finalize her speech and turned back to the crowd that had gathered.  “Now let’s get back to this party!” she yelled.  Everyone left up some whoops and hollers and followed the bride back to the tent, leaving Mitch, Abby and I standing alone.
“She’s still my date for the night,” Mitch chewed.
“For tonight,” I quipped.  “After the reception, she’s all mine.”
“Please tell me someone has an extra pair of shorts and shirt I can borrow,” Abby interrupted as she looked down at her ruined dress.
“This is exactly why I can’t dress you up and take you out!” I chirped.  “You obviously can’t behave yourself…”
“And you wouldn’t want it any other way,” she grinned before jumping up on me and wrapped her legs around me as we kissed.


“Ouch!” I cried as Kris rubbed some sort of ointment over the cut and bruise Janell had given me from an elbow I took right below my eye.  It was obvious I was going to have a bit of a shiner in the morning.
“Would you stop moving,” Kris growled.  “You are being a baby.”
“It fucking hurts,” I pouted.
“Whatever hot shot,” he mocked me.  “You sure had no problem throwing the punches and I’m fairly sure she’s in worse off shape than you right now.”
“She deserved what she got,” I huffed, crossing my arms.  I was sitting in his bed, propped up on some pillows as he straddled me playing the nurse.  His room was fairly plain, due to the fact that he hadn’t done much decorating.  His mom and step-dad just moved into the new home and he was given the basement for the summer.  He had informed me on the way home from the wedding that he had just broken ground for a house that bordered his mom’s property.  He also told me that he was going to take me over there first thing in the morning so that I could look at the plans and go over any changes I might want. When I told him that it wasn’t up to me, he just threw me a glance that told me not to argue.
“You crack me up,” he laughed at me before leaning in to growl into my ear, “But I have to say it was totally sexy to see you all hyped up like that.”
“Of course you would find that sexy,” I rolled my eyes only to regret it as soon as the pain shot in.  Speaking of sexy, he looked that and then some in just his tux pants and a white under-tank.  He must have noticed me checking him out because he left out that unmistakable cocky laugh when he removed himself from me.  “Where are you going?” I whined.
“I’m not allowed to call you sexy, but you are allowed to sit there and drool as you look at me?”
I pushed myself off the pillows and crawled to the edge of the bed.  “Like you don’t like my attention?”
“Never said that,” he laughed while pulling his under-shirt up and over his head.  I bit back a groan as I watched his muscles flex and with his shirt off I was now privy to seeing the indents right above the low-waist of his tux pants.  “I heard that groan, Abby.”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I played innocently.
He walked slowly towards me, exaggerating every step like he was a male model walking the runway.  I squeaked as his hands came in contact with my shoulders and firmly pushed me backwards onto the bed.  Soon he was over-top of me, looking as if he was ready to devour me.  I of course was going to let him do whatever the hell he wanted to me.
“I want you.”
“Then take me,” I breathed out.  He immediately went to work by capturing my lips between his.  He kissed me with passion and ferocity that stole my breath away, but I kept coaxing him on as I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him down so that the length of his body was pressed against the length of mine.  I purred when the late day scruff on his face chafed my cheek as he began laying kisses down my chin and onto my neck.  Every little movement turned me on even more and I couldn’t help but claw at him.  I could feel him laughing at me but I didn’t care.  It had been months without him and all I wanted was to feel him in me again.
He sensed my urgency and soon he was pulling the t-shirt he had given me to sleep in, up and over my head, leaving me practically naked besides the pair of cream colored, lace boy shorts.


Kriiiiissss,” she cried out, possibly forgetting that we were in my mom’s house and totally not as alone as we had been the other times we made love in past.  I was busy running my tongue over one of her hardened nipples so I gently placed a hand over her mouth so that I could keep working on her.  She was obviously more than ready for me, but part of me didn’t want to totally rush this.  That plan was totally thwarted as she began sucking on one of my fingers.
“Shit Abby,” I growled, peeking up to find her looking back at me innocently.  She totally knows how to play the innocent card and I’m an absolute sucker for it.  “If I give it to you now, can we take our time the next time?”
With my finger still in her mouth she nodded her head happily.  I pulled my finger from her mouth, making an obnoxious “pop.”  We both laughed and as I went to drop my pants her hands stopped me.
“Let me help you with that,” she said in a voice full of want.  I dropped my hands at my side and allowed her to unhook the clasp and slowly slide the zipper down.  It was obvious how much I wanted her, the pants and my boxers not leaving much to the imagination as my erection stood on end.  She placed a kiss at the top of my six-pack and then pushed the pants and boxers down over my hips.  I left out a sigh and dropped my head backwards as her hand slowly slid up and down my length, as if she was refamliarizing herself with it.  After the 3rd or 4th stroke I stopped her hand with mine and pushed her back onto the bed.  Without saying a word I gently pulled off her sexy boy-shorts.  All the lights were still on and blaring brightly in the room, but it didn’t matter because I wanted to revel in her beauty as she laid on my bed smiling up at me.
I moved her back towards the center of the bed and then positioned myself between her legs.  Leaning down to kiss her, I took my length into my hands and pressed myself into her tight, heated core, capturing her moan of ecstasy in my mouth.  She wrapped around me as if she was made to fit me like a glove.  Once I pushed myself deep into her, I stayed there for a moment, enjoying the feeling of being inside of her where I belonged.  She was made for me and I was made for her.


Who would have thought I’d be laying underneath him begging for him to make me come and love me forever?  I know I wouldn’t have, especially remembering back to how much he first annoyed me and how much I refused to ever date another hockey player.  Of course then you can’t forget how my own stupidity almost caused me to lose this man whose name I was now crying out while attempting to muffle myself as I bit his shoulder.
I now realized that we make life the way we want to make it.  I could have stayed hiding, but then I would have been missing out on the best thing that happened to me.  There was no doubt Brendan had a hand in this and I would forever be grateful for the extra push he gave me through my friends and family.  There were obviously going to be trials and tribulations throughout life, but it was easier when you allowed others to help you through it.  No matter how many times I shattered, I knew I would have Kris to help put me back together and I’d be there to do the same for him.

6 comments:

  1. Great story! You did an awesome job and I kept on wanting more! I can't wait to read more of your writing! And thanks for writing an amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Very sweet ending, with the two of them feisty right up until the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to end!
    This is by far one of my most favorite stories ever. It's written so well and I'm really sad that it's come to an end. I'm really gonna miss Kris and Abby but I'm glad you already have another story posted!
    Thank you for an AMAZING story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really and truly one of my favorite stories ever. Kris and Abby really do completment eachother on so many levels. I'm so sad to see this story come to an end but am looking forward to your other stories which I'm sure will be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to end this story. One of my favourites to date. I loved these to characters, well written up to the very end. Looking forward to read your other post and to see who you'll write about next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read all 28 chapters during the last few days and I had a hard time putting down my iTouch! Yeah - I read at night on my iTouch in bed...and my eyes are kind of fried, part due to the small screen, part due to my eyes watering at the funny, smart-ass banter and the sadness during their separation. This was a wonderful story and I'm now a devoted fan. Write and post often! You're a wonderful writer!

    AYF

    ReplyDelete